Welcome to the “We’re Psyched!” blog space. This space was developed by APA’s Women’s Program Office to complement the “I am Psyched!” exhibit which features the contributions of women of color to psychology. The purpose of this space is for undergraduates, graduate students and post-docs to share engaging topics surrounding new research, current social issues and timely think pieces related to women of color in the field.
Also, the topics of interest for this blog are:
- Inspiring History, Inspiring Lives: Women of Color in Psychology
- Highlighting a woman of color in the history of psychology.
- Paving the Way
- Advocacy and changing the status quo for women of color in the field of psychology.
- Transforming Society
- Work that has transformed society in practice, gender, race, and/or class
- Finding Your Passion
- New research or ideas related to the individual’s areas of interest in psychology.
- This is What Psychology Looks Like
- Someone who has inspired you in life and/or to explore the field of psychology.
We’re Psyched! will give you the opportunity to connect with others that have similar interests, and with established professional women of color. All efforts for the use of this blog will be to bridge the gap between the past, present and future women of color in psychology. Click here for more details (Submit Here)
Current “We’re Psyched!” Blog Posts: