After the horrific shooting on June 12, 2016 at Pulse, a popular gay bar in Orlando, Florida, many of the victims were in extreme need of blood transfusions. Driven by empathy and solidarity with the victims, gay and bisexual men rushed to area hospitals and blood donation centers to help, along with scores of their Orlando neighbors. Sadly, hundreds identifying as men who have sex with men (MSM) were turned away because current FDA regulations prohibit gay and bisexual men from donating blood unless they abstain from sex with other men for a full year before donating blood.
- Back to School Blog Series
- Blog Series on Parenting & Discipline
- Blog Series on Race, Racism, and Law Enforcement in Communities of Color
- Blog Series on Talking to Kids about Race and Ethnicity
- Blog Series on Violence Against Women and Girls
- Get Involved
- We’re Psyched!