When we create an environment that leads children to feel ashamed of their ethnic identity, or to think that they cannot be both ethically identified and American, we are robbing them of a crucial protective factor that enhances their development. Numerous research studies have found that strong ties to cultures of origin, multilingualism, and multicultural identities provide cognitive, academic, social, and emotional advantages.
- Back to School Blog Series
- Blog Series on Parenting & Discipline
- Blog Series on Race, Racism, and Law Enforcement in Communities of Color
- Blog Series on Talking to Kids about Race and Ethnicity
- Blog Series on Violence Against Women and Girls
- Get Involved
- We’re Psyched!